livingontheland - [Livingontheland] garden in New Mexico

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: tradingpost <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] garden in New Mexico
  • Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2013 18:49:27 -0700

http://janefonda.com/new-mexico-new-garden/

sadge1
says:

Hi Jane,

I love this blog entry about your garden in New Mexico! I was wondering if you are familiar with The International Council of the Thirteen Indigenous Grandmothers?

http://www.grandmotherscouncil.org/

One of the Grandmothers – Flordemayo is doing very important work with the Sacred Seed Temple project, which is located in New Mexico. This project aims to provide a seed bank for heritage foods and medicinal seeds. Our food source, involving natural, whole and organic production deserves much attention now so that we don’t loose this precious resource, and so that whole, organic sources of nutrition remain available for us now and for our grandchildren and beyond.

Thought you might be interested.

Warm Regards,
Sadge1

Jane says:
Wendy, yes, I have met the Grandmothers of the Council. Preserving heritage seeds is such important work.

  • [Livingontheland] garden in New Mexico, tradingpost, 12/21/2013