livingontheland - [Livingontheland] What’s Behind the Cost of Organic Food?

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: tradingpost <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] What’s Behind the Cost of Organic Food?
  • Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2013 09:54:29 -0700

"In very simple terms, our food system is funded in two ways: one side receives taxpayer-funded resources called subsidies, and the other doesn’t. For those that grow these new crops with genetically engineered seeds and the insecticides and weed killers required to grow them, taxpayers dollars are offered for marketing and crop insurance programs, while those opting out of the chemicals are charged fees to prove that their crops are safe."

What’s Behind the Cost of Organic Food?
http://organicconnectmag.com/real-reason-organic-food-costs-much/#.UrXE3rSDCZQ

I won't pay to play. The flavor of our produce testifies to the way it's grown, and anyone who buys it keeps coming back for more. The taste buds remember. Besides, if grown for home use there's no need for organic certification.

  • [Livingontheland] What’s Behind the Cost of Organic Food?, tradingpost, 12/21/2013