livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] New mushroom section on TheModernHomestead.US

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "John D'hondt" <dhondt@eircom.net>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] New mushroom section on TheModernHomestead.US
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 23:03:56 -0000

I have tried mushrooms and failed. We used to have a plentiful supply of wild mushrooms. Not seen any for years out in the open. An odd parasol in the tunnels from time to time.Seems that they don't like constant wet and low temperatures.
Any ideas please?
john
An increasing number of edible and medicinal species can be grown, as described in "Cultivating Mushrooms"
http://themodernhomestead.us/article/Cultivating+Mushrooms.html

If you decide to give growing mushrooms a try, check out "Resources for Working with Fungi"
http://themodernhomestead.us/article/Mushroom+Resources.html

And best luck: I've been growing mushrooms for many years now--it's great fun.

Enjoy the new material!

~Harvey