livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Fossil Food & Agriculture

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: tradingpost@lobo.net
  • To: <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Fossil Food & Agriculture
  • Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2012 17:02:01 -0700

Fossil Food & Agriculture
http://www.postcarbon.org/blog-post/1332466-fossil-food-agriculture-richard

"As oil becomes more expensive, and as we reduce fossil fuel consumption in order to avert catastrophic climate change, we will have to re-localize our food systems and grow more organically. We will also need many more growers, as we currently use oil to substitute for human labor. With more people involved in food production, more people will have a daily interaction with weather, soil, and biodiversity; they will therefore take better care of the environment. We will also process our food less (as that takes energy), and as a result we will eat more nourishing food—and with more exercise and better food our health will improve"