livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Learning From The Drought Of '12

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org, OWL-OldWaysLiving@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Learning From The Drought Of '12
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2012 12:52:45 -0600

Learning From The Drought Of '12
http://www.countercurrents.org/hellwinckel280712.htm

exerpt

"Prioritize the growth of local agriculture, which grows vegetables, fruits,
nuts, and raises chickens, eggs, beef cattle, goats, and milk cows on land
surrounding our urban cores. Smart policy would educate perspective farmers
on the efficiencies of permaculture design, subsidize land purchases, make
land available for lease, incentivize slaughterhouses, develop food
aggregating HUBS, alter city and county codes to make areas more farm and
garden friendly, make soil building materials available at the neighborhood
level for home-production. All these will help keep food more available and
affordable than if we rely strictly on the conventional industrial supply
lines. The growth in local low-input agriculture also has the side effect of
being healthy."

paul tradingpost@lobo.net

  • [Livingontheland] Learning From The Drought Of '12, Tradingpost, 07/28/2012