livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Food Stamp Vote In Senate Blocks Bid To Restore $4.5 Billion In Aid

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Aliza Vanderlip <songbird97520@yahoo.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Food Stamp Vote In Senate Blocks Bid To Restore $4.5 Billion In Aid
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 10:55:04 -0700 (PDT)

This was interesting because the reason it went down was not because of the restoration - it was voted againt by food stamp proponents because it also installed block grants which will suck and was focused on 14 states that were abusing the system.....

this is all such a freaking mess....  they could just take the moola for sugar, corn and soy and put it into the people food system... our local farmers market takes oregon trail cards (food stamps) which means that you can purchase all the local organic food you want through the market year round....  and I would love to see food stamps be limited to whole foods only....  It would sure change the whole dynamic....

Blessings,

Aliza
www.SomeKindaWonderfulFarm.com
Ashland, Oregon

“Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” Howard Thurman