livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] How 1 million pounds of food can be produced on 3 acres

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] How 1 million pounds of food can be produced on 3 acres
  • Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 22:21:13 -0600

Yes Allen's well known for the work which is a great project. My point is
about the title which is way misleading. Not just anyone can grow that much
on little land & most don't have foundation funding or land. It leaves me
wondering what techniques he uses can be adapted for the masses. This is not
simple. I've been experimenting several years to identify what works and
what's not practical for growing food on a shoestring in little space.
Specifically to make market growing more rewarding for 10,000x as many
growers. I won't make much progress in the time I have left. I wish we could
find a lot more growers working in the same direction, but other than Eliot
Coleman & Jeavons most just sell books that raise more questions than
answers. SPIN, Square Foot, WORD, you name it.