livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] The speculative scrum driving up food prices

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "John D'hondt" <dhondt@eircom.net>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] The speculative scrum driving up food prices
  • Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2011 22:10:10 -0000

World population keeps on growing and is expected to reach 9 billions in 40 years time.

I hear that said all the time and it makes no sense whatsoever to me. Only reason we reached our present number is because of cheap oil and cheap oil is over. Also cheap oil was responsible for wrecking the planet and lowering the carrying capacity for our species. Oil spills, an ocean devoid of fish and filled with plastic, massive erosion of arable soils, desertification and we still expect to keep going and even expanding for 40 years?
I'd find it easier to believe in Santa.
Anyway, we are past the solstice and we are expecting our first lambs any day now. No rest for the wicked :)

Wishing you all the best,
john