livingontheland - [Livingontheland] cabin fever?

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] cabin fever?
  • Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2011 08:22:27 -0700

Been busy expanding one of our greenhouses all Nov. but now cold is setting
in for the next 4 or 5 days at least. The 6 mil UV plastic needs warmer
afternoons for stapling on the framework so finishing has to wait. We had
some of that very high wind yesterday near Albuquerque but no damage at all.
Bottom framework is anchored in concrete holes, with hurricane ties & screws
holding it together. A fiber tape goes on the plastic where it meets the
lumber before stapling it on. The method allows me to construct it without
any crew to help. Anyway I can't do anything else in this weather but plan
seed for next season, mainly to increase greens & carrot production for the
markets.

paul tradingpost@lobo.net

  • [Livingontheland] cabin fever?, Tradingpost, 12/02/2011