livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Get sowing now for a winter salad bowl full ofleaves

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "John D'hondt" <dhondt@eircom.net>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Get sowing now for a winter salad bowl full ofleaves
  • Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 21:47:00 +0100

From the Irish Times? There is talk of getting covered in frost and snow in
as little as 3 weeks time everywhere you go here.
Normally we have all the gardens under winter crops but due to the bad summer many summer crops are delayed and not quite ready for harvesting. Even in a good year everything outside that is not well established before October 1st stands little chance of surviving. We have only 1/4 of the normal winter crops out and hope for the best.
john

Get sowing now for a winter salad bowl full of leaves
http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/property/2011/0915/1224304140749.html