livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Chemical warfare: the horrific birth defects linked to tomato pesticides

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "John D'hondt" <dhondt@eircom.net>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Chemical warfare: the horrific birth defects linked to tomato pesticides
  • Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 21:11:42 +0100

Too horrific for words Paul. Then of course since these tomatoes are grown in Florida they may even taste more or less all right.
The tomatoes in the shops here are completely tasteless so there is no danger that we ever would think we have to miss out on something by not buying them.
john

Chemical warfare: the horrific birth defects linked to tomato pesticides

http://www.theecologist.org/News/news_analysis/1033178/chemical_warfare_the_horrific_birth_defects_linked_to_tomato_pesticides.html

We sell tomatoes we grow without any pesticides or fertilizers or fungicides. The cheap migrant labor exempt from minimum wage explains the low supermarket prices we must compete with. Our only alternative is to compete on organic heirloom quality and we get $5 lb.