livingontheland - [Livingontheland] market day

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] market day
  • Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2011 21:10:03 -0600

Just in from our favorite market, unusually drained from recent bug but
feeling rewarded by customer reactions to the produce. It helped to have Ed
selling nearby to pass the time. We didn't plan to be selling this early in
the (short) season but learned things we could miss otherwise. Our spinach &
kohlrabi is in demand, surprise. I never liked either. & we've found which
greens will bolt & which will stand up to these 90-100 days with wind. Hint:
takes a lot of mulch & water. Still no rain since December but this weekend
is supposed to change all that. It started to sprinkle at the market today
and people were clapping.

paul tradingpost@lobo.net

  • [Livingontheland] market day, Tradingpost, 07/08/2011