livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Cholesterol: The Good, the Bad and the Truth

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Harvey Ussery <harvey@themodernhomestead.us>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Cholesterol: The Good, the Bad and the Truth
  • Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2011 15:50:18 -0400

On 06/04/2011 12:48 PM, Tradingpost wrote:
Cholesterol: The Good, the Bad and the Truth
Dr. Dean Ornish Medical Editor, The Huffington Post, Founder and President of
Preventive Medicine Research Institute
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-dean-ornish/cholesterol-the-good-the-_b_870655.html

For another take on cholesterol, one of the most important molecules in the body, nothing surpasses the work of Dr. Uffe Ravenskof, author of The Cholesterol Myths: Exposing the Fallacy That Saturated Fat and Cholesterol Cause Heart Disease, pub'd in 2002. When I checked Amazon, that book now only available used for 97 bucks. But Dr. Ravenskof's more recent works serve as well:

Ignore the Awkward: How the Cholesterol Myths Are Kept Alive (2010)
http://www.amazon.com/Ignore-Awkward-Cholesterol-Myths-Alive/dp/1453759409/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1307216416&sr=8-2

Fat and Cholesterol are Good for You (2009)
http://www.amazon.com/Fat-Cholesterol-are-Good-You/dp/919755538X/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1307216416&sr=8-3

~Harvey

--
Harvey in northern Virginia
www.themodernhomestead.us

My book, THE SMALL-SCALE POULTRY FLOCK: An All-Natural Approach to Raising
Chickens and Other Fowl for Home and Market Growers, will be published this
year by Chelsea Green Publishing
(www.chelseagreen.com/bookstore/item/the_smallscale_poultry_flock).