livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Making Biochar in my New Char Chamber

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Pete Vukovich <pvukovic1@yahoo.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Making Biochar in my New Char Chamber
  • Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 11:43:51 -0700 (PDT)

Yeah as both you and marty suggest it is one of the experiments were looking into. Actually I'm supposed to order some morel spawn today (though spring is an awful time to innoculate with morel in I'm told) which we'll work in to and around the ash piles. I remember one of the things we'd talked about at a permaculture class we had a few years ago was drilling into pine, spruce, and oak and innoculating them with shiitake or mitsutake(sp?).  I don't know if they'll do much to the larger deadfall, but it might work on the medium sized stuff. Maybe I should order some of those, thank you - and marty for the reminder.

You know this list (and its contributors) is one of those rare things that makes the internet useful, too bad we don't have a connection up there. Thanks again everybody.

--pete

I don't know if all of your branches are dead but is it possible to grow mushrooms on some of this wood and let fungus break it down for you. I don't have loads of experience with em but maybe somebody else does. This way you could get some food directly out the deal.

Sent via DROID on Verizon Wireless

Re: [Livingontheland] Making Biochar in my New Char Chamber

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----