livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Making Biochar in my New Char Chamber

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Liz" <liz@allslash.org>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Making Biochar in my New Char Chamber
  • Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 19:00:15 -0400

I was wondering this myself. In most of the videos I've seen about making charcoal, it sure looks like an awful lot of white smoke is going up into the atmosphere. Marty, I see that you're using an oxygen-reduced burn, which should release less CO2, but clearly it's not a zero-emissions situation. Are you certain that most of the CO2 in the wood isn't just floating away?

Liz

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@lobo.net>