livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Autumn olives

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Barbara Money <bmoney9@verizon.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Autumn olives
  • Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2011 20:41:27 -0500

Liz wrote:
"Well--I hope everyone on here is ramping up their garden plans for this
year. I doubled the size of the garden last year and would like to do that
again before the end of the summer. Also added chickens and a separate plot
for food and medicinal herbs. Wish I'd made more of an effort last year to
process the abundant wild foods--blackberries, autumn olives and persimmons.
Got a few buckets of blackberries, but that was all, won't make that mistake
again."

Liz, we have autumn olives around here too; they are invasive weeds. What do you do to prepare them?

Barbara M
Foster, RI

--
"Animals Are A Gift"

  • [Livingontheland] Autumn olives, Barbara Money, 02/09/2011