livingontheland - [Livingontheland] I hate what Big Ag is doing to Common Sense

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Terry Wereb <frostedacres@gmail.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] I hate what Big Ag is doing to Common Sense
  • Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2011 15:53:35 -0500

I was in a chat room last night. The room is for those of us with disabilities that use Service Dogs. In this particular community are several people that work or study at major state universities Texas A&M being one of them.These peolpe have been brainwashed to think BigAg, Centralized food processing and distribution, and chemicals/drugs are the way to asafe, reliable food supply. One person could not believe the real reason they had to disinfect before going into a chick barn is because the chicks are so stressed by their environment that they cannot stay healthy in a way that Nature intended. They could not understand why being able to look the person who grew the food in the face is a better policy than faceless growers and processors. They could not grasp that a local outbreak of anything is a far better thing than a nationwide recall that involves hundreds of thousands of people. Am I being unrealistic to think that our minority even has a chance of making a difference? I get the recallnotices from the USDA, iget the warnngs about the next impending biohazard, and for some reason, I know that just because a chicken sneezed, it is NOT a valid reason to depopulate 10 square miles of all birds...

 I guess I am just a square peg trying to fit into a round hole.
 Terry W