livingontheland - [Livingontheland] milk from GMO alfalfa fed cows?

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] milk from GMO alfalfa fed cows?
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2011 16:23:40 -0700

Dear Secretary Vilsack, Stop Force-Feeding American Children Monsanto's
Allergenic Frankenfoods

* By Robyn O’Brien
AllergyKids, Jan 22, 2011
http://www.organicconsumers.org/articles/article_22405.cfm

On January 24, 2011, the United States Department of Agriculture will
consider the approval of the biotech industry’s newest product, a livestock
feed given to our nation’s dairy cows – genetically engineered alfalfa. This
livestock feed (alfalfa) will not only affect our nation’s milk supply, given
the novel proteins and allergens that it contains, but it also may present a
risk to the increasing number of food allergic Americans.

Due to these concerns, Robyn O’Brien, the founder of the AllergyKids
Foundation, has written the following letter and encourages readers to copy
and paste all of or part of its contents into the online form found on the
USDA’s website and submit an email to the USDA and Secretary Vilsack at this
link.

  • [Livingontheland] milk from GMO alfalfa fed cows?, Tradingpost, 01/23/2011