livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] ORGANIC NEWS - ROTATIONS RANT

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Simply nonna <simplynonna@gmail.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] ORGANIC NEWS - ROTATIONS RANT
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2011 01:47:55 -0700

Actually, tomatoes are fruit and potatoes are herbaceous perennials. Most people don't know that, but I would expect anyone who calls themself an "expert" should know better. I don't think it's a "rant" as much as it is a clarification. As Harvey has said (paraphrase)-those who don't know, teach teachers. Especially in this country you certainly always seem to run into "experts". They seem to know everything and get rather arrogant when they get called on their crazy half truths.
 Another "problem" is miscommunication. People in this country automatically "assume" words mean what they're used to. Even Brits ( the original English language) have different words and ways of expressing things. In Britain a boot is not always something you wear on your feet.I think the best way to learn is to keep an open mind and interact globally.
 I think her words were beautifully chosen. A "rant" would have been where they call someone something like "friggin ignorant" and then turn around and say come take my course or buy my ebook! It's hard to look at the context of messages when you sorta jump in the middle.
I guess some people would also claim I'm ranting. A lot of that seems to go on in this country. People are called names in order to distract from a lack of providing factual truths or evidence. It's a lot easier to distract by name calling instead of dealing with the subject at hand. Of course, I'm replying to this thread and certainly not singling anyone out. Just another interesting observation.
nonna