livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Back Garden Organic Poultry

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Joan Vibert <joan@windwalkerfarm.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Back Garden Organic Poultry
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 07:46:58 -0600

Title: Re: [Livingontheland] Back Garden Organic Poultry
Not sure what 18 euros convert to but this statement certainly doesn’t apply to Kansas.  We figure our eggs are costing us way way more than we’re charging ($3/dozen) and are considering no longer offering eggs to our CSA and just keeping enough chickens/layers for ourselves and family.  Grain prices are out of sight.  We’re considering growing our own but are at the bottom of the learning curve so to speak on that.

Joan
Windwalker Farm
Ottawa, KS