livingontheland - [Livingontheland] back to the farm

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: <bob@4agoodauction.com>
  • To: <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] back to the farm
  • Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 13:12:24 -0600

Back to the farm---- Maybe not---. Maybe the farm comes to city folks? With
all the information available on the new information phones and seeds and
such at a button touch away........ I think people will grow more in small
manageable quantities as they become more comfortable with understanding the
process -- grow more? It is a completely different game. I see over in the
Dallas area where there has been a loosening of poultry restrictions in the
city. There is large increase in small poultry houses. There is a small feed
store down the street from where I hang my hat in Fort Worth that is making
the poultry houses out of used cedar fencing and chicken wire. A four by
four foot by six foot tall house is selling for $250. He has his labor and
maybe $5 in purchased materials. It looks rustic. That is the look that is
selling. He may throw in a couple of layers and some chicken food.
Some thing along this line may be the little tributary of change that
expands into the general consciousness. An early kind of foray into the
natural world thru plastic/electronic means that nets some conscious
understanding in the human connection to earth.
After all - - - information is the bait on the hook of change. Food prices
will rise and them fish will start a biting.

Bob c

  • [Livingontheland] back to the farm, bob, 12/31/2010