livingontheland - [Livingontheland] "Food for Thought" (pun intended)

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] "Food for Thought" (pun intended)
  • Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 13:53:40 -0700

from
http://blog.feedingamerica.org/2010/12/today-on-the-huffington-post-the-wisdom-of-elmo/

To help support the food security of low-income families of young children,
Sesame Workshop launched Food for Thought: Eating Well on a Budget today at a
community event at the Capital Area Food Bank in Washington, DC, a member of
the Feeding America network.

Leave it to the organization behind “Sesame Street” to create a remarkably
entertaining and informative initiative to address childhood hunger. Food for
Thought offers bi-lingual, multi-media materials for both youth and adult
audiences, including resources for making for healthy food choices for
parents and caregivers; a children’s DVD and story book that features Sesame
Street friends talking about healthy eating and families who struggle with
hunger; and an interactive website with games and resources that encourage
families to make cooking and mealtime a family affair.

As a mother who always enjoyed seeing her own children get excited about
Sesame Street, I was thrilled to be invited to participate in the Sesame
Workshop Advisory Board on Food Insecurity. In addition to being part of the
conversation about addressing childhood hunger, my participation also
presented me with the occasion to speak with everyone’s favorite 3 1/2 year
old, Elmo:

SEE
http://www.sesamestreet.org/parents/food

paul tradingpost@lobo.net

  • [Livingontheland] "Food for Thought" (pun intended), Tradingpost, 12/30/2010