livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] old virtues in the new Ireland

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "John D'hondt" <dhondt@eircom.net>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] old virtues in the new Ireland
  • Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2010 22:53:44 -0000

Well I'm more interested in your "other conclusions" than theirs. Yes, really sad about farming and transport, always had a thing for Ireland I couldn't explain. Even named my daughter Erin.

paul tradingpost@lobo.net

Same here, or we would not have ended up in Ireland. And two of my daughters were named Róisín and Meave long before we ever planned to come here.
Wonder if I can say more for if ever this mail gets read by the wrong person here I fully expect severe retribution. Being woken by half a dozen big police men is no joke. Been there so I know. That was when I said in the wrong place that the "rural environmental protection scheme" was a farce and an ecological disaster. Then, maybe the powers that be here are too busy sinking the country at the moment to pay attention to me.
But in truth, a friend of mine did his thesis on breeding for intelligence in mice. In about three generations he saw definite statistical changes. Think how many of the best of Irish people have emigrated all over the world in the last 150 years. Which does not mean to say that there are no fantastically bright and decent Irish people here any more but still...
john