livingontheland - [Livingontheland] The 500 pound gorilla

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: <pbunch@cox.net>
  • To: livingontheland <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] The 500 pound gorilla
  • Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 5:36:31 -0700

As I have mentioned in earlier posts there is a 500 pound gorilla in the
living room with us that is not going away without a fight. It is the
existing urban population and their needs.

I am sharing an article which explores one approach to this problem. A lot of
the ideas it covers fit well with ideas expressed on this list.
http://shareable.net/blog/what-so-called-slums-can-teach-american-cities The
main website "Shareable" may be useful to you if you have not seen it:
http://shareable.net/

Another important site is CASSE a group working on steady state economy.
http://steadystate.org/ Ultimately this is the most important concept for
everyone on earth.

Phil