livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] a good plan - or the only plan?

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: mdnagel@verizon.net
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] a good plan - or the only plan?
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 19:15:31 -0500 (CDT)

"B. 2015: Subsidies become incentive to substitute perennial grass in rotations for feed grain in meat, egg, and milk production."

NO!  NO subsidies!  As soon as you start doling out subsidies you create the incentive to hide true costs!

Joel Salatin has not bought ANY seed or fertilizer for his farm in over 50 years!  [Perennial] Grass will grow in many, many places, and where it doesn't grow freely (and in conjunction with animal grazing), it shouldn't be grown!

-Mark Nagel
Everett, WA