livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Local organic food: An answer or a sure path todisaster?

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "John D'hondt" <dhondt@eircom.net>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Local organic food: An answer or a sure path todisaster?
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2010 23:00:15 +0100

We can only hope that biotechnology leads to a solution to soil depletion.

In my book bio-technology means roundup a chemical that is quite harmful to most organisms ourselves included. It also chelates/binds necessary trace elements in soil for years after being used thereby causing increased soil depletion. So in other words I would really hope that Santa will come soon.
john