livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Squash Bugs

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Squash Bugs
  • Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2010 20:55:36 -0600

Good, Ken. I was out in the nine winter squash beds yesterday, checking every
leaf underside. Found seven of them and they are no more. If nailing the
first adults to appear will head off an infestation, that's a lifesaver for
my squash season. I moved the squash beds 80 feet away this year and planted
trap crops like yellow crookneck and pumpkin, but still need to put in some
flowers if that'll help. It's like, when failure is not an option, do
everything. Or, whatever it takes.