livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Resilient gardening - Part I by Christine Patton

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Norma Sutton <sweetspringfarm@gmail.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Resilient gardening - Part I by Christine Patton
  • Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 14:16:27 -0400

And the one point they don't cover is that people are going to have to relearn HOW to cook.  Most of the people I know that cook from scratch still go by thea recipe.  They pull out the recipe, look to see what they need for it and then buy or grow the ingredients.  With this type of growing/harvesting you have to be able to look at what you have and KNOW how to make a meal from it.  I grew up doing that and to me it is easy, but I have so many friends that, if they don't have a recipe in front of them, can't pull a meal together.  As for the ones that cook from boxes . . . heaven help them.
Norma