livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Resilient gardening - Part I by Christine Patton

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Norma Sutton <sweetspringfarm@gmail.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Resilient gardening - Part I by Christine Patton
  • Date: Sat, 29 May 2010 15:58:43 -0400

I skim read this.  It hits a lot of good points, but I think it misses the need to find crops that will work in the area you are in.  They may not be crops that you would normally think of either.  Learning to utilize the "weeds", only weeds in that they take over everything, would be beneficial in a lot of ways.  Here we have sun chokes, and numerous wild berries everywhere, it means being flexible in what you eat, but if times get really rough those will be there.
Norma

--
I now have 3 books available in my lulu store:

http://stores.lulu.com/store.php?fAcctID=174864

visit our farm site
at:http://www.freewebs.com/sweetspringfarm/