livingontheland - [Livingontheland] The Food Nightmare Beneath Our Feet: We're Running Out of Soil

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: mdnagel@verizon.net
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] The Food Nightmare Beneath Our Feet: We're Running Out of Soil
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 20:46:41 -0500 (CDT)

This article does a pretty good job of showing how precarious our soil situation is.

The Food Nightmare Beneath Our Feet: We're Running Out of Soil

Each year the world loses an estimated 83 billion tons of soil. What does this mean for food production and what can we do about it?

http://www.alternet.org/food/146624/the_food_nightmare_beneath_our_feet%3A_we%27re_running_out_of_soil?page=entire

-Mark Nagel
Everett, WA

  • [Livingontheland] The Food Nightmare Beneath Our Feet: We're Running Out of Soil, mdnagel, 04/28/2010