livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] More on Food for Thought, not buying Chinese

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Pego Rice <firekeeper38@yahoo.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] More on Food for Thought, not buying Chinese
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 14:57:16 -0700 (PDT)

I certainly agree

In the end tho, this is a political problem.  Those corporations have paid to prevent labeling laws for GMOs, for country of origin and to allow some durned dicey language in labels that DO survive.

We have a consumer group in OCA that is lobbying for truthful labeling laws.  We need to support them and to write our politicians, frequently, on this issue.

Yours, Pego

<<Well that's a shame.  A reliable method for determining country of origin would be welcome. Sorry for not checking it out.  It's a little difficult to browse with my very unreliable dial-up.  I mostly just rely on email for info/news.  You guys are a prime source, I must say.
Thanks Fred >>