livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Fwd: Meat Goats vs Sheep -- a comparison

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: mdnagel@verizon.net
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Fwd: Meat Goats vs Sheep -- a comparison
  • Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 17:19:08 -0500 (CDT)

Great job Debbie!

What I mean about using chickens is in controlling parasites.  Folks like Joel Salatin run chickens in his pastures (in chicken tractors) about three days after moving his cattle out of an area.  He claims that the chickens scratch through the dung and peck out the larvae that starts up.  I have don't know whether this could even apply to goats, but it was just an idea...

Thanks for the link!

-Mark Nagel
Everett, WA

Apr 22, 2010 01:14:50 PM, livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

has alot of info on goats that i s holistic.
I use DE and have only wormed mjy goats once since I got them last July , iwith
>chemical wormer that is. I need to do some fecals and see but they are all shiny
>and just went through the stress of kidding without sinking, knock on wood. I have
>one left to kid and have ninetteen(delete key does not work) wonderful kids but
>I am really tired. I have been bottle feeding eleven :O
What did you mean on using chickens?