livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Siberian Pea shrub

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Pumpkin Lady <pumpkingal@clearwire.net>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Siberian Pea shrub
  • Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2010 18:50:04 -0500

Harvey Ussery wrote:
An online search revealed plenty of sources for seeds of pea shrub.

Yeah, I found plenty of seeds. Apparently I wasn't persistent enough to find plants, which is why I was wondering where you got them. Thanks for the link. I need to decide if I have enough on my plate this year or if I want to try those Real Soon Now. ;-)

I don't know if you grow barley, but the guy I got (heirloom) hulless barley from said that he had a volunteer plant that expanded to fill available space and that he thought heirlooms might give better crops when planted further apart than conventional newer type barleys. I'm thinking I will have to wait until October to plant mine, but if I had waited until summer to buy it, it wouldn't have gotten bought. I lose things I'm supposed to do in the summer.

Good luck with them!
Morgan