livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] When the body says no

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] When the body says no
  • Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 15:05:38 -0700

Okay, we can debate the merits, but to be fair I have to state as listowner,
it's hard to stop commercial promotions once they get started on a list like
this. As for being worth their weight in gold, I can't afford gold either ...
And no one's arguing for plastic tablecloths, video games, or lab fragrances.
They're bad, but that doesn't mean we need to shell out $700 for an essential
oil "training". Further, we have no possible way of knowing which oils are
adulterated or "poisonous" and which aren't and are supposedly worth a few
months groceries. Personally I take special supplements like Zyflamend and
IP-6 that are clinically proven, but I have yet to hear of clinical evidence
for healing by smelling these oils. And it's safe to say my own ancestors
didn't have rose petals and lavender soap.

I feel strongly about this thing of getting what you pay for. Frankly, I
don't buy it. The food we get at Sunflower or Trader Joe's is as good or
better than Whole Foods and at half the price. Life-giving foods and other
needs can be had at lower cost if people make the effort and find a way.
Reminds me of an old Joan Baez number, All My Trials: "If living were a thing
that money could buy, Then the rich would live and the poor would die"...