livingontheland - [Livingontheland] carbon sequestration

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] carbon sequestration
  • Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 08:22:31 -0700

With all the recent talk among NGOs about carbon sequestration through
organic or no-till methods, I had to repost this from our list, from Lynn
Montgomery - note the date: 12/7/2005.

The term of carbon being tied up and stored in dead organic matter is now
called "sequestration". Sequestering carbon is going to be, and already is,
part of the whole global warming remediation effort. Organic farming helps
the situation. Anything that uses organic products for long times, such as
building with lumber, helps to tie up carbon and take advantage of one of
Mother Nature's processes to bring atmospheric carbon into balance. Some of
the answers to the global warming dilemma are found in agriculture, with
organic soil management being the foundation.
Regards, Lynn

paul tradingpost@lobo.net

  • [Livingontheland] carbon sequestration, Tradingpost, 02/03/2010