livingontheland - [Livingontheland] the spirituality of plants & animals

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Doug Willhite <drwillhite@earthlink.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] the spirituality of plants & animals
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 08:43:09 -0800

There are some cool (informative) conversations going on on this here list-serve! :) Honestly, most of the time I haven't got the time to jump in and voice my two-cents worth... but I want to add a couple thoughts to the thread about the spirituality of plants:

Some indigenous shamans say that the plants are higher than the animals (including us) in the hierarchy of nature. They say that the plants created animals to help spread their seeds around.

I always talk to the trees, the wildlife, the plants, our livestock, even insects... :) I listen intently for their answers too. I often touch them appreciatively... we have a big, buck, billy goat that I sometimes do back massages on...

Other guys in the neighborhood are always joking around, putting each other down by calling each other "tree-hugger." I say to them: "I've gotta go now. I've got some trees that need hugging!"

doug

http://chihuahuavalley.net