livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Barrelponics

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Pego Rice <firekeeper38@yahoo.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Barrelponics
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 18:58:36 -0800 (PST)

Yes

I'm getting much of my info from the yahoo list he has "barrelponics".  There are free how-to manuals in the files section.  He's a nice man with a lot of charitable work under his belt as well.

Someone else to look at is Will Allen at Growing Power.  He's turned limited acerage and aquaponice to feeding  and revitalizing some pretty rough neigborhoods in Detroit and, I think, St Louis.  His economic modle seems workable enough that other groups are now taking it on in other cities as well. For now tho, he is feeding and employing the masses in very urban settings.

Yours, Pego

<<Has anyone here heard of Travis Hughey's work on barrelponics?>>