livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Whole Paycheck?

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Whole Paycheck?
  • Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2010 08:24:58 -0700

We can hope that's begun with niche markets showing up. It's just a hint
maybe, but it looks like the crowds we see at Sunflower & Trader Joe's are
growing, looking for safer food at decent prices. If that demographic is
growing then maybe corporate planners will see it and go for it in other
ways. People vote with their dollars. Last nite we saw the Food Network show
with an Iron Chef contest at the White House, and Michelle giving them the
rule to use fresh vegetables from the White House garden, and meats from the
local area. They made a big deal of it with Emeril, Mario, Flay, and
Comerford the White House chef. I'd call that pretty mainstream now.