livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Joel Salatin advocates a better way to raise food

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Smittyctz6 <cityhomesteader@gmail.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Joel Salatin advocates a better way to raise food
  • Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 14:13:39 -0500

Hi Paul.
Question..  Do you grow the Winter squash upward on a trellis?  I was eying both of these squash for the garden this year.  Funny you should mention them, which may confirm my guess. Also I'm Eying the "tigger" melon and sugar baby melon for trellis growing.
We are going fully OP or heirloom and saving our seeds..  So I have a question about the squashes. Will they cross with each other? One is C. Moschata, and the other is C.pepo?

--
Bruce Smith
InHisThyme Homestead

A little faith will bring your soul to heaven, but a lot of faith will bring heaven to your soul.  ~Author Unknown