livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Fw: Re: The Climate Science vs soil

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Fw: Re: The Climate Science vs soil
  • Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2009 18:34:11 -0700

Well, we're all on that learning curve. I got a very good deal on dozens of
perennial herbs late this year, too late to transplant to the garden. So I
potted them up in gallons in the sunroom I built earlier, and hope our single
digit nights will stay warm enough with a small electric heater. It's all
covered with just 6 mil greenhouse plastic, stapled on 2x4 frame thru
Polytack strip. Had very high winds and snow just now, and they warned
blizzard conditions. Yeah, central New Mexico, and wrong for this early in
winter. Crazy as snow in Houston.