livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Soil Foodweb in Oregon

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Smittyctz6 <cityhomesteader@gmail.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Soil Foodweb in Oregon
  • Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2009 10:09:48 -0500

HI all,
I love Elaine Ingham! She helped me so much when I first started out worm composting, I have never known a more patient professional.

On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 8:37 PM, Zachary Domike <zdomike@yahoo.com> wrote:
This is cutting edge investigation, so might be considered "Fringe:"
Soil Foodweb Workshops

Now is your chance to register!November 9th-13th, 2009
Sustainable Studies Institute, in cooperation with Soil Foodweb Oregon will be presenting workshops, November 9th-13th on the principles of the Soil Foodweb as developed by Dr. Elaine Ingham.

The Introduction to the Soil Foodweb class will be taught by Dr. Ingham on Nov. 9th & 10th.  The class on Compost Technology (Nov. 11th) & Compost Tea (Nov. 12th), will be taught by Matt Slaughter, Director of the Soil Foodweb Oregon lab.  These will feature a practical approach to the production and use of compost and compost tea.

On November 13th, there will be an optional Question & Answer session, open to workshop attendees and also featuring Matt Slaughter.

Participants may register for either the entire workshop, or individual classes.  However, if you have not attended the Introduction to the Soil Foodweb class in the past, it is strongly recommended that you take it before the Compost/Compost Tea classes.

The workshops will be located in Corvallis, Oregon. Registration forms and additional information about each class can be found at www.soilfoodweb.com.

Please contact David Kuester at the Sustainable Studies Institute (              541-257-2614         541-257-2614) if you have any questions, or would like to register over the phone.