livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] a little tomato freeze?

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: yarrow@sfo.com
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] a little tomato freeze?
  • Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 23:19:09 -0800

Replace, especially if more than half the foliage and the growing tips have turned black.

I lost a couple to cold, not quite freezing, winds last April. I pulled one out, but replanted when I saw the extensive root system, but it was stunted and produced a small crop of super-mini (instead of regular size) cherry tomatoes. The one that was 4 ft. high when it was damaged produced only 2 tomatoes.