livingontheland - [Livingontheland] a few gmo veggies for commercial growers

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] a few gmo veggies for commercial growers
  • Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 20:13:41 -0600

Well, I've said here and there that there are no GMO seed for home
vegetable gardening, only for the big field crops. Now that's not quite
true. Hate it when that happens.

There are a couple tomatoes for commercial growers, one is no longer sold.
The other is named Endless Summer. There's a potato named New Leaf,
supposedly resistant to something or other. And a Freedom II squash
supposed to resist some mosaic virus. Still I've never seen any of these
freaks for sale in catalogs or websites and I've seen a lot of sources.

http://ucsusa.org/food_and_agriculture/science_and_impacts/science/engineere
d-foods-allowed-on.html