livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Snow study shows California faces historic drought

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Don Bowen" <don.bowen@earthlink.net>
  • To: "'Healthy soil and sustainable growing'" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Snow study shows California faces historic drought
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 10:56:53 -0800

And yes California is going to have many more problems that they want to
admit to. Throw in global warming increased droughts with the inability to
manage its financial house and you will see a real mess. Any recovery
attempt will be stymied by peak oil induced price rises.

The organic farmer that I am most familiar with has wells on his properties.
Pumping costs are rising with electricity and fuel costs. The breadbasket
of the US and the initial point of that 1500 mile average trip your food
takes is in real danger. We feel we are entitled to whatever food we what
when we want it, that entitlement is coming to an end.

Don Bowen KI6DIU