livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Fwd: Market Growers Symposium

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Emery Mitchamore <emitch@att.net>
  • To: Living on the Land <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>, Austinperm <austinperm@yahoogroups.com>
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Fwd: Market Growers Symposium
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 16:29:58 -0600

Good stuff going on in my home town.

Begin forwarded message:

From: HOMEsweetFARM <info@homesweetfarm.com>
Date: January 8, 2009 4:15:23 PM CST
Subject: Market Growers Symposium

PRESS RELEASE
01/08/2009
For Immediate Release
Contact:
Brad Stufflebeam
Home Sweet Farm
979.251.9922
info@homesweetfarm.com
Market Growers Symposium
February 26 & 27, 2009     Brenham, TX
Hosted by: HOMEsweetFARM

Join us for this two-day event designed to help new and experienced market growers get the job done.  Network and meet with experts in the field for technical discussions and then experience hands-on farm tours and training to deepen your understanding.  Lunch includes seasonal surprises prepared by some of the leading Texas chefs promoting local food...

 Dr. Joe Novak     Dr. Steven King     Bill Adams
Carol Ann Sayle     Marla Camp     Tatum Evans     Ben Godfrey
Suzanne Santos     Brad & Jenny Stufflebeam     Zach Griffin

Morning sessions are in a classroom setting with technical discussions on diversified vegetable farming, disease and pest controls, grafting, marketing, variety selection and more.

Afternoon sessions will be in the field at HOMEsweetFARM, a 22 acre diversified CSA vegetable farm serving the Houston area.  Hands-on applications covering horse power on the farm, greenhouse production, bed preparation, soil amendments, cover crops, rotational grazing, irrigation, equipment, planting techniques, distribution, customer care and much more.

 Includes a local/organic lunch filled with seasonal surprises prepared by
Chef Joe Apa of T'afia, Houston
Chef Jesse Griffiths of Dai Due, Austin

Do not miss this unique event!
For details, visit  www.homesweetfarm.com
Call 979-251-9922     Email info@homesweetfarm.com

>> DOWNLOAD & PRINT THE FULL PROGRAM & FLYER <<

"Clearly, our present ways of agriculture are not sustainable, and so our food supply is not sustainable. We must restore ecological health to our agricultural landscapes, as well as economic and cultural stability to our rural communities."
        - Wendell Berry & Wes Jackson

Safe Unsubscribe
This email was sent to emitch@att.net by info@homesweetfarm.com.
Home Sweet Farm | 7800 FM 2502 | Brenham | TX | 77833

E. E. "Mitch"  Mitchamore

  • [Livingontheland] Fwd: Market Growers Symposium, Emery Mitchamore, 01/08/2009