livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Happy New Year (anyway)

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Harvey Ussery <harvey@themodernhomestead.us>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Happy New Year (anyway)
  • Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2009 08:05:37 -0500

Paul recently posted to the list a copy of James Howard Kunstler's "Forecast for 2009." I found it an impressive, thought-provoking piece. I wrote to JHK requesting his permission to put it up on my own website, which he graciously granted. It's up at:
http://themodernhomestead.us/article/Kunstler+2009+Forecast.html

I had been working on my own reflections on what 2009 might bring. In some ways it parallels JHK's, though I give a lot more attention to agricultural issues in the equation. I titled it "Happy New Year! (How Bad Will It Get?)" If you want to have a peek, it's at:
http://themodernhomestead.us/article/Musings.html

~Harvey

--
Harvey in northern Va