livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] No-Tillage

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Desert Eagle" <jimi@hdc-nm.com>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] No-Tillage
  • Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 21:18:41 -0700

Mark, depending where you are in West Texas, I may be able to help you. I
live north of Pecos TX. on 285 between Carlsbad and Artesia in New Mexico.
Was raised and had many gardens in West Texas. Would be glad to help where I
can. I think Paul can vouch for me as to helping and bio-intensive
gardening.

I am also in 7B.

Jimi
NM Certified Master Gardener
Desert Eagle Farms
A Privately operated
Agricultural Research Facility
To Grow a garden is to believe in tomorrow
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Lakewood, NM 88254

I am a small dry land. market farmer in west Texas with an average annual
rainfall of 17 inches. The soil here is a sandy loam. Do you think no-till
can be managed under these circumstances?

TxBeeFarmer (Mark)
West Texas Zone 7b