livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] No-Tillage

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Ken Hargesheimer <minifarms2@yahoo.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>, pvukovic1@yahoo.com
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] No-Tillage
  • Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 06:18:25 -0800 (PST)

Around Lubbock TX they use listers in this clay soil except the no-till farmers and they use nothing.
Here is an email I got today. It is gardening but the principles are the same: NO TILLING.

Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 12:17 AM

FW: South African Greeting

Dear Ken,

Thank you for all the DVD’s and seed you sent me. Thank you for all the info. I am applying it in my own vegetable patch. It is working.

 Got half a pocket of potatoes off a square metre.  So would imagine about 10 pounds per square yard. This off previously dead low carbon soil.  Sure next crop will be better.  Got yams coming up on same spot already.  Do you have any info on companion planting? Want to plant herbs and spices. I will send photo’s.

Your advise is so simple. People do not believe me when I tell them. I am so excited about growing things now. This coming from a commercial plum farmer.

May you be blessed this holy season a thousand times more than you blessed me with you help.

Warmest Regards

Jeremy Karsen, tominifarms@gmail.com

Tynedale Trust

(Middagkrans Farm)