livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Surprise! Organic Beekeepers Reporting Zero Losses

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Liz <liz@allslash.org>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Surprise! Organic Beekeepers Reporting Zero Losses
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 09:16:34 -0500

At 12:51 PM 11/16/2008, you wrote:

Surprise! Organic Beekeepers Reporting Zero Losses
http://www.groovygreen.com/groove/?p=1388

Not surprised at all. Btw, I've done no actual bee "keeping" for the last two years, I'm gone so much I don't have time even for the bees (which I got because I thought I didn't have time for a garden), and the my hives seem to be thriving all on their own. I didn't take any honey off the first year, to give them plenty of food over the winter, but this fall, I got about two dozen quarts. Not bad for neglect (and no pesticides).

Liz in SW VA
http://life-as-a-spectator-sport.com