livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Michael Pollan: Eating Is a Political Act

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: realfood@wonderfulfarm.com
  • To: "E. E. Mitchamore Jr" <emitch@att.net>, "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Michael Pollan: Eating Is a Political Act
  • Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 08:18:05 -0700

Then you likely ought to eat steak every day.  If you follow Weston Price's work he found that while there was a broad swath of diets that lead to healthy peoples the healthiest ones were very heavy in animal proteins and animal fats.  According to Dr. Mercola there is only a very small swath of the population that does well on primarily complex carbs and that most people are a mixed type that needs animal protein and fats for health.  There is also a chunk of the population - I would fall into this chunk - that does best on large amounts of animal fats and proteins and little fruit but veggies of course.  That said I dont include grains in the mix at all.  If we take grain out of the equasion (at least as we are growing it now) then it becomes much easier for us to grow our own food in a way that is healthier for ourselves and the planet.

Blessings

Aliza

If we had more Usserys and Salatins, it would be no contest, but we have along way to go.  In the meantime, I think Pollan's seven word soundbite is very useful for most of the population.

E. E. "Mitch" Mitchamore, who would love to eat steak every day.
www.hillcountrynatives.biz